1. The ladder on which I was standing began to slip. 我脚下的梯子开始向下滑动。
相关搭配：stand on 站在……上;stand on the ladder 站在梯子上。
2. He was respected by the people with whom he worked. 他受到与他一起工作的人的尊重。
相关搭配：work with 与……一起工作;work with the people 与这些人一起工作。
3. The person from whom the message came did not say his name. 送信的人没有道其姓名。
相关搭配：come from 来自……;come from the person 来自这个人。
4. He’s married to a singer of whom you may have heard.
相关搭配：hear of 听说;hear of the singer 听说过这位歌唱家。
1. He brought the result with which the boss was satisfied. 他带来了结果，老板非常满意。
相关搭配：be satisfied with 对……满意;be satisfied with the result 对结果满意。
2. You find yourself married to someone with whom you’re not compatible.
相关搭配：be compatible with 与……能共处;be compatible with sb 与某人能共处。
【注】要特别注意in which case, at which point, at which time, by which time,
during which time等这类常用表达。如：
The postman comes at 6.30 in the morning, at which time I am usually fast
The speaker paused to examine his notes, at which point a loud crash was
He may be busy, in which case I’ll call later. 他可能忙，如若如此，我以后再来拜访。
We arrived at noon, by which time the demonstration was over.
Tom spent four years in college, during which time he learned French.
1. She was the only woman with whom he had ever been in love. 他爱过的只有这个女人。
相关搭配：be in love with 爱上;be in love with sb 爱上某人。
2. Her elder daughter, in whom she placed the greatest trust, failed to
match her expectations. 她的长女，她对之无比信任，却辜负了她的期望。
相关搭配：place trust in 信任……;place trust in sb 信任某人。
3. This is something for which you must constantly be on the lookout.
相关搭配：be on the lookout for 注意;be on the lookout for sth 注意某事。