I 语言知识及应用 (共两节，满分45分)
第一节 完形填空 (共15小题，每小题2分，满分30分)
For busy people, the idea of speed dating has really caught on in popularity. In a speed dating event, usually 8-10 1 go around from table to table, each spending 6-8 minutes at each one. From that, you may not know for sure if you want to 2 something more with an individual, but you will 3 know if you don’t want to.
The first thing that you will realize about speed dating is that it makes you 4 . Unlike a bar, where you might get a whole evening to 5 check a possible partner out and to see what you have got, when it comes to 6 you know that you only have a certain amount of time to put your best foot forward (全力以赴) there. You will find the other participants are 7 of this and will put their best foot forward.
An 8-minute speed dating will also give you a chance to see how someone 8 under pressure. You may already know a little more about their 9 if you find someone who can’t seem to make eye-contact. The best advice is to make eye-contact, be open and direct. You will find that the 10 time can make for some excellent opportunities to really shine, and there is nothing like a deadline to make you more 11 ! An important detail to keep in mind is that you will be 12 to a dozen or more singles in a short time. Those who feel that there is an advantage in larger numbers will surely find this 13.
When you are looking for 14, you may not want to do the long search, so think about speed dating and see what you can do to make sure that it works to you. 15, give this exciting opportunity a try!
1. A. lovers B. couples C. youths D. singles
2. A. learn B. have C. explore D. develop
3. A. equally B. hardly C. certainly D. eventually
4. A. chase B. hurry C. focus D. cheer
5. A. constantly B. frequently C.occasionally D. unexpectedly
6. A. making friends B. speed dating C. family planning D. home improving
7. A. sick B. fond C. aware D. confident
8. A. acts B. talks C. lives D. loves
9. A. interest B. background C. intention D. personality
10. A. spare B. limited C. appointed D. luxurious
11. A. creative B. passive C. negative D. objective
12. A. introduced B. devoted C. mentioned D. used
13. A. demanding B. surprising C. convincing D. appealing
14. A. fun B. love C. friendship D. adventure
15. A. In a word B. As a result C. On the whole D. Believe it or not
第二节 语法填空 (共10小题，每小题1.5分，满分15分)
Stephen Hawking, who is the most famous physicist, was born in Britain on January 8th, 1942. As a child, he was enthusiastic about 16 (design) complicated toys but 17 (fortune), in his twenties, he suffered 18 a disease that was impossible to be cured, 19 was a great challenge for him. However, not only was he positive about the misfortunes 20 eventually he defeated all the obstacles but also he was 21 (absorb) in his research in the universe. In 1988, his best-seller A Brief History of Time was published, 22 which he put forward the idea 23 time itself has a beginning, and that it will have 24 end. In conclusion, he has made outstanding 25 (contribute) to the fields of cosmology and quantum gravity.