TED |五个毁灭梦想的想法


来源:TED英语演讲
发布时间:2016-09-27 14:40:00
查看次数:

内容提要:有一种鸡汤叫毒鸡汤,有一些想法,也会是毒想法。毒死了自己梦想的想法。今天的演讲,短小却精悍。6分钟的演讲,道出了那些在梦想实现路途上可能会成为绊脚石的想法。总结精辟,演讲精彩~

Bel Pesce: 5 ways to kill your dreams

I dedicated the past two years to understanding how people achieve their dreams.

 

我花了两年的时间去理解 人们如何实现他们的梦想。

 

When we think about the dreams we have, and the dent we want to leave in the universe,

 

说到我们的梦想、我们想要在这个宇宙留下的痕迹,

 

it is striking to see how big of an overlap there is between the dreams that we have and projects that never happen.

 

让人吃惊的是 我们的梦想常常只是梦。

 

Laughter So I'm here to talk to you today

 

(笑声)今天我在这里要讲的就是

 

about five ways how not to follow your dreams. One: Believe in overnight success.

 

5个如何毁灭梦想的办法。第一:相信一夜成名。

 

You know the story, right? The tech guy built a mobile app and sold it very fast for a lot of money.

 

你肯定听过这样的故事:一个技术男开发了一个移动应用 并迅速转卖赚了很多钱。

 

You know, the story may seem real, but I bet it's incomplete. If you go investigate further,

 

这个故事可能是真的,但是很可能是不完整的。如果你深入研究就发现,

 

the guy has done 30 apps before and he has done a master's on the topic, a Ph. D.

 

这个人在之前已经开发了30个应用, 他有相关的硕士和博士学历,

 

He has been working on the topic for 20 years. This is really interesting,

 

他研究这个领域已经20年了。这很有意思。

 

I myself have a story in Brazil that people think is an overnight success. I come from a humble family,

 

我自己本身在巴西也是一个"一夜成名"的故事。我来自一个普通家庭,

 

and two weeks before the deadline to apply to MIT, I started the application process.

 

麻省理工大学(MIT)申请截止日期两个星期前,我开始申请。

 

And, voila! I got in. People may think it's an overnight success,

 

哇啦,我被录取了!人们可能认为这是"一夜成名"

 

but that only worked because for the 17 years prior to that, I took life and education seriously.

 

但是这背后是我17年来,对生活和教育的执着努力。

 

Your overnight success story is always a result of everything you've done in your life through that moment.

 

"一夜成名"总是 你之前所有努力加起来的结果。

 

Two: Believe someone else has the answers for you. Constantly, people want to help out, right?

 

第二:相信别人有你需要的答案。人们总是很乐意帮助,对吗?

 

All sorts of people: your family, your friends, your business partners, they all have opinions on which path you should take:

 

各种各样的人,你的家人、朋友、商业伙伴,他们都觉得你应该这样或那样做。

 

"And let me tell you, go through this pipe." But whenever you go inside, there are other ways you have to pick as well.

 

"听我说,走这个管道。"但是你进到里边,你还需做出其他的选择,

 

And you need to make those decisions yourself. No one else has the perfect answers for your life.

 

而你需要自己做出这些选择。没有人能给你的人生提供完美的答案,

 

And you need to keep picking those decisions, right? The pipes are infinite and you're going to bump your head,

 

你自己需要做出决定,对吗?管道无穷无尽,你可能会磕到头,

 

and it's a part of the process. Three, and it's very subtle but very important:

 

这是这个过程的的一部分。第三点不太明显但是很重要,

 

Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed. So when your life is going great,

 

在一时的成功面前止步。你的生活很不错,

 

you have put together a great team, and you have growing revenue, and everything is set --

 

你组建的团队很棒。你们的收入持续增长,一切都很好——

 

time to settle. When I launched my first book,

 

可以休息了。在我出版了我的第一本书之后,

 

I worked really, really hard to distribute it everywhere in Brazil. With that, over three million people downloaded it,

 

我非常努力在巴西到处宣传。伴随我的努力,超过300万人下载了这本书,

 

over 50,000 people bought physical copies. When I wrote a sequel, some impact was guaranteed.

 

超过5万人买了印刷版。当我写续集的时候,影响力已经得到保障。

 

Even if I did little, sales would be okay. But okay is never okay.

 

即使我只付出一点点,销售量也应该还可以。但是还可以是永远不够的。

 

When you're growing towards a peak, you need to work harder than ever and find yourself another peak.

 

当你朝着一个顶峰前进的时候,你需要更加努力来找到另一个顶峰。

 

Maybe if I did little, a couple hundred thousand people would read it, and that's great already.

 

也许如果我只付出一点点,几十万人会读续集,这固然很棒,

 

But if I work harder than ever, I can bring this number up to millions.

 

但是如果我付出前所未有的努力,我可以把这个数字推到几百万。

 

That's why I decided, with my new book, to go to every single state of Brazil. And I can already see a higher peak.

 

这就是为什么我决定 把我的新书介绍到巴西的每一个州,我已经能够看到一个更高的顶峰。

 

There's no time to settle down. Fourth tip, and that's really important:

 

没有时间止步。第四点,也是非常重要的一点:

 

Believe the fault is someone else's. I constantly see people saying,

 

相信错误永远是别人的。我经常听到人们说:

 

"Yes, I had this great idea, but no investor had the vision to invest." "Oh, I created this great product,

 

"是的,我有过一个非常好的想法, 但是没有有远见的投资者愿意投资。""哦,我做了这个很棒的产品,

 

but the market is so bad, the sales didn't go well." Or, "I can't find good talent; my team is so below expectations."

 

但是市场太糟糕了,销售情况不是很好。"或者,"我找不到人才,我的团队实在太差了。"

 

If you have dreams, it's your responsibility to make them happen.

 

如果你有梦想,让梦想实现是你的责任。

 

Yes, it may be hard to find talent. Yes, the market may be bad.

 

是的,人才也许很难找,是的,市场也许很糟糕,

 

But if no one invested in your idea, if no one bought your product,

 

但是如果没有人愿意对你的想法进行投资,如果没有人买你的产品,

 

for sure, there is something there that is your fault. Laughter

 

这其中肯定是因为你做错了什么。(笑声)

 

Definitely. You need to get your dreams and make them happen.

 

肯定!你需要努力把你的梦想变成现实。

 

And no one achieved their goals alone. But if you didn't make them happen, it's your fault and no one else's.

 

没有人可以一个人单独实现梦想,但是如果你不努力实现它, 那是你自己的错而非他人。

 

Be responsible for your dreams. And one last tip, and this one is really important as well:

 

你需要对你的梦想负责。最后一点也是非常重要的一点:

 

Believe that the only things that matter are the dreams themselves. Once I saw an ad, and it was a lot of friends,

 

相信只有梦想本身是最重要的。我曾经看到过一个广告, 很多朋友在一起,

 

they were going up a mountain, it was a very high mountain, and it was a lot of work.

 

我们在爬山,这是一座很高的山,他们爬得很辛苦,

 

You could see that they were sweating and this was tough. And they were going up, and they finally made it to the peak.

 

你能看到他们汗流浃背很累,他们往上爬最终爬到了顶峰。

 

Of course, they decided to celebrate, right? I'm going to celebrate, so,

 

当然,他们决定庆祝,对吗?开始庆祝,有人说,

 

"Yes! We made it, we're at the top!" Two seconds later, one looks at the other and says,

 

"耶!我们到啦,我们到达顶峰啦!"两秒钟以后,其中两人互相看了看说:

 

"Okay, let's go down." Laughter

 

"那么,我们下山吧。"(笑声)

 

Life is never about the goals themselves. Life is about the journey.

 

人生不是关于目标本身,而是关于旅程。

 

Yes, you should enjoy the goals themselves, but people think that you have dreams,

 

当然,你应该享受目标本身,但是人们往往觉得如果你有梦想,

 

and whenever you get to reaching one of those dreams, it's a magical place where happiness will be all around.

 

而你实现梦想的时候,那是一个神奇的地方,那里被幸福环绕。

 

But achieving a dream is a momentary sensation, and your life is not.

 

但是梦想实现的那一刻只是短暂的瞬间,而你的人生不是一瞬。

 

The only way to really achieve all of your dreams is to fully enjoy every step of your journey.

 

真正实现所有梦想的唯一办法就是 尽情享受旅程的每一步。

 

That's the best way. And your journey is simple -- it's made of steps.

 

这是最好的办法。你的旅程很简单—— 它是由一步一步组成的。

 

Some steps will be right on. Sometimes you will trip.

 

有的你会走得很顺利,有的时候你也会被绊倒。

 

If it's right on, celebrate, because some people wait a lot to celebrate. And if you tripped, turn that into something to learn.

 

如果很顺利,那么庆祝吧, 因为有的人等很久才能庆祝,如果被绊倒了,把它变成学习的机会。

 

If every step becomes something to learn or something to celebrate, you will for sure enjoy the journey.

 

如果每一步都是用来学习或者庆祝,你肯定会享受这个旅程。

 

So, five tips: Believe in overnight success,

 

总结一下,5个办法:相信一夜成名,

 

believe someone else has the answers for you, believe that when growth is guaranteed, you should settle down,

 

相信别人有你需要的答案,相信在一时的成功面前应该止步,

 

believe the fault is someone else's, and believe that only the goals themselves matter.

 

相信错误永远是别人的,相信只有目标本身是重要的。

 

Believe me, if you do that, you will destroy your dreams. Laughter

 

相信我,如果你做了以上这些, 你肯定能成功毁灭你的梦想。(笑声)

 

Applause Thank you.

 

(掌声)谢谢!


相关文章
·The Connells:'74-'75(MV)04-22
·《生死金银潭》英文版04-09
·9岁孩子的演讲,震撼了全世界的教育专家09-19
·十分钟了解五大宗教04-11
·养成批判性思维的5个方式12-07
·张艺兴接受美媒全英文专访12-06
·【名师微课】初高中衔接:1. 高中英语初识08-05
·双语字幕视频 |文旅厅厅长全英推介甘肃12-08
·米歇尔奥巴马北京大学演讲视频03-29
·双语演讲视频 杨紫琼:当机会来临,我全力以赴!06-07
最新文章
阅读排行